Tuesday, December 11, 2012

J Focuz speaks on his publishing company, and working with the late MC Breed ! (Article)

#AMPtv got a chance to catch up with the man J Focuz to speak about his coming publishing imprint and things MC Breed taught him as an artist and business man.

 
We recently caught up with J Focuz and chatted for a few minutes about what was coming for him in the near future now that his mixtape has been released and here is what he had to say EXCLUSIVELY through #AMPtv:

"I always found passion in writing and performing music but my core of where everything started was writing. I wrote short stories and poems in school and I loved it. I put all my spare time into my stories." J Focuz then went on to speak about publishing and writing for other artists. "I'm working on a publishing company of my own but I wanna learn the game first. Writing is a different industry, sort of, than music. Im currently working on an R&B and Pop demo to start shopping around. I already have two production companies eager to hear what I have for their artists."


He also touched on what MC Breed taught him and how they worked closely on Breed's unfinished album.

"Me and MC Breed was always tight when we met back in 2008. He was very down to Earth and he pushed me creatively and always critiqued my verses. He told me I was next up and quoted my line "If Hip-Hop Died this the night of the living dead" I'll never forget that. He wanted to see me and my group Boss Status successful I know that. We we're in Atlanta working on his comeback album before he passed. He hated when we called it that, a COMEBACK album like "I aint went nowhere" (In Breeds voice)(Laughs).


Focuz then speaks on how he worked on Breeds last project and what he taught him.

"Breed was the type to get in the studio and just zone out and record his bars as he thought them. I usually was at his sessions and when he'd get stuck he would ask for a punchline I would throw him one or two. The project was sounding great I wish you had a chance to hear it. Breed always told me to focus on whats most important with this music and thats the love of it. He told me it was a shady game you just have to play towards your own agenda and watch your back. Believe he told me way more than that. BELEE DAT !"


Search YOUTUBE for video clips of J Focuz performing with MC BREED !

Check out J Focuz new single "Drunk feat. Rail Fresh (Prod. By Jake Archer)


No comments:

Post a Comment