Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chief Keef & T.I.'s First-Week Sales Projections Revealed

 
#AMPtv got the word that Grammy-winning rapper T.I. and Chief Keef appear primed to make a rumble on the sales chart in the next seven days with opening week album projections unveiled today.


Although they will likely fall behind country singer Taylor Swift's Red LP, Tip's Trouble Man and Chief Keef's Finally Rich should put up substantial opening week numbers.


YOUR ONE-DAYS: New week, same chart champ. The unstoppable force of nature known as Taylor Swift should remain at #1 next week, with Michael Bublé's resurgent Christmas album and Trouble Man by hip-hop hero T.I. vying for runner-up. Here's how the week's key debuts are shaping up: T.I. (Grand Hustle/Atlantic) 150-175k, 12/12/12: The Concert for Sandy Relief (Columbia) 125-150k Chief Keef (Interscope) 50-55k
(HITS Daily Double)

Tip recently talked to SOHH about his emphasis on putting out a classic solo effort.

"For an artist of my caliber, at this point in my career, it's my eighth abum," Tip told SOHH about the delays behind Trouble Man: Heavy Is the Head. "With all the time I've been away [in jail] and the expectations of the performance of it, I think [it was necessary] to perfect it and to deliver a classic. [I wasn't] trying to lock myself into a date and compromise my art. Ideally, [I wanted it] before the new year but if [I had to wait] until a few weeks after to get a better shot at delivering to the fans classic material then that's the path [I would have taken]."
 
(SOHH)

No comments:

Post a Comment